Windows 7 Home is available in two editions: Basic and Premium. Basic features are the same in both of them. However, Home Premium has more attractive features. For example, it has an unparalleled “Backup & Restore” feature. Home Basic has geographical restrictions, but Home Premium is available around the globe without restrictions. Furthermore, there are separate ISO files for 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Download 7 Home Premium ISO
Here are the download requirements. Check them before starting the downloading process of Windows 7 Home Premium.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM
- 15GB Hard disk
- DirectX 9 Graphics Processor
- A reliable internet connection
Methods to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
Before starting the installation, we will create a bootable USB flash drive by using the ISO image. Once the ISO image is converted into an executable file, we will start the installation. I am using here multiple methods. You can use any of them according to your choice.
Method #1: Use Microsoft’s Tool to Create Bootable USB
Microsoft offers a tool “Windows USB/DVD Download” to create a bootable USB flash drive. It doesn’t involve downloading a third-party tool. This straightforward way requires only Microsoft’s tool and a few clicks.
- Click Here to download it.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Now, download Windows 7 Home Premium ISO from the links in the above section. The ISO image supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Right-click the tool and select “Run” to proceed.
- When it opens, you see the “Source File box.” Add the path of ISO file here. You can also use “Browse” to locate ISO automatically.
- Click “USB Device” from here to create a copy of ISO file on the USB drive.
- Now, click the option “Begin Copying” to copy the ISO image to the USB flash drive.
- Open the relevant folder to look for the “setup.exe” file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive
If you want to follow a quick method to create a bootable USB flash drive, use Rufus. It’s a simple and safe tool to convert an ISO image into a bootable file.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open Rufus Home Page
- Select “NTFS” from the drop-down menu to create a bootable disk for Windows 7 or XP.
- Here is a button like a DVD drive is located with the option “Create Bootable Disk Using.” Click this option.
- Select Windows 7 Home Premium ISO file.
- Click “Start” and the tool will start converting the ISO image into an executable file.
- Wait until the bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and reboot it to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
Method # 3: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive via Command Prompt
If you are an expert user of Command Prompt, you can use it to create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Open the “Start” menu and click Command Prompt.
- When it is open, type the following commands and press the “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Here, click the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
Follow the steps below to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive with PC.
- Reboot PC and select “Boot from CD/DVD.”
- First, it will load files.
- Now, settings appear. Select the language, time and currency format, Keyboard or input method from here.
- Click “Next” to move ahead.
- Select “Install Now” to start the installation process.
- Here, click the options “I accept the license terms” and “Next.”
- Two installation types appear: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you want to install a clean copy of Windows. Select “Upgrade” if you don’t want to delete current files and apps.
- Now, select a drive where you want to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
- The system starts copying files.
- In the next section, the file expanding and then the installation process starts.
- Wait for a while until the installation reaches 100%. In the meantime, the system will restart several times. Don’t interfere in the process.
- Finally, Windows 7 Home Premium is ready to use.
- Add the product key and enjoy using innovative features of Windows 7 Home Premium.
Windows 7 Home Premium Features
It has the same basic features of Windows 7 Home Basic but also contains some innovative features.
This edition is compatible with various productivity programs of Windows XP.
Now, create a home or office network to share your photos, audio, and video files by using the Wizard. It wasn’t so easy in Windows XP.
Automatic Backup allows you to backup and to recover data instantly.
This edition supports Windows Media Center. So, you can pause, rewind and record TV programs.
Desktop navigation and switching from one to another app is quick and swift. You don’t need to close an app to access the other one. Open multiple apps at the same time and switch from one to another to work more comfortably.
More powerful and precise Windows Explorer is an integral part of Windows 7 Home Premium. Type a few letters of an audio/video file or a document to access it from your system quickly.
Faster Startup saves your time. You can shut down, hibernate, sleep and start the Windows within a few seconds.
Powerful Windows Firewall and Windows Defender can guard your system from malicious software and hackers. You can browse your favorite stuff without security issues. Downloading and uploading are secure from unauthorized access.
Windows Live Mail is an innovative feature, Microsoft introduced in Windows 7 Home Premium. It lets you know about the latest emails on the screen. You don’t need to refresh your mailbox again and again.
Internet Explorer is faster and brings more accurate search results than in Windows XP. Enjoy a safe browsing experience. No unauthorized site or person can track your personal details.
Everything is customizable in Windows 7. You can personalize icons, themes, background, wallpaper, and even taskbar programs. Use your computer in your desired settings.
Printer & Scanner Wizard ensures setting them up quickly. Nothing technical involves in the process.
The Live photo gallery in this edition of Windows allows you to share your favorite images to your desired photo site with a click.
Windows Live Family Safety blocks the access of your children to the unfavorable sites. You can monitor their internet activities by enabling this feature. Besides, it also manages the emails and the communication ways on social networking sites.