Windows 7, the successor of Windows XP was proved a great success for Microsoft. The company released it in 6 variants: Home Basic, Home Premium, Enterprise, Pro, Ultimate and Starter. Windows 7 Enterprise is not available for common users. It’s, particularly for larger firms and entrepreneurs. Microsoft adds all-important business apps and tools to maximize the productivity of larger firms. It has the same basic features like customization, quick navigation, Aero Glass and Internet Explorer, etc. But it has some specialized business features too.
Download Windows 7 Enterprise ISO
Make sure; you fulfill the following download requirements. Check before starting download.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 2GB RAM
- 20GB Hard disk
- DirectX 9 Graphics Processor
- A reliable internet connection
Methods to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
Before installation, convert the ISO image into a bootable file. Without an executable file, you can’t install Windows. Here, I am using three easy methods to create a bootable USB flash drive. Follow any of them and move to the installation guide.
Method #1: Use “Windows USB/DVD Download” Tool
The best way to create a bootable USB flash drive is to use “Windows USB/DVD Download.” It’s Microsoft’s tool and you can download it from the official site of Microsoft.
- Click Here to download it.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC. (An 8GB USB flash drive is ideal)
- Now, download Windows 7 Enterprise ISO from the links in the above section.
- Here, right-click to the tool and select “Run” to proceed.
- When it opens, you see the “Source File box.” Add the path of ISO file here. You can also use “Browse” to locate ISO automatically.
- Click “USB Device” from here to create a copy of ISO file on the USB drive.
- Now, click the option “Begin Copying” to copy the ISO image to the USB flash drive.
- Open the relevant folder to look for the “setup.exe” file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS
This method involves a straightforward tool known as “Rufus.” It’s 100% secure and easy to use. You can create a bootable USB flash drive by using a few clicks in this method. Here are the instructions to follow in this context.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open Rufus Home Page
- Select “NTFS” from the drop-down menu to create a bootable disk for Windows 7 or XP.
- Here is a button like a DVD drive is located with the option “Create Bootable Disk Using.” Click this option.
- Select Windows 7 Home Premium ISO file.
- Click “Start” and the tool will start converting the ISO image into an executable file.
- Wait until the bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and reboot it to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
Method # 3: Use Command Prompt Administrator
Some users don’t prefer using a tool. If you are one of them, use Command Prompt to create a USB flash drive of Windows 7 Enterprise. It’s a bit lengthy and involves some commands. But easy to follow for command prompt experts.
- Open the “Start” menu and click Command Prompt.
- When it is open, type the following commands and press the “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Here, click the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- Reboot the system and select the option “Boot from USB.”
- The system starts loading the files.
- On the next page, you need to set a language, time, currency format and keyboard or input method. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, select the “Install Now” option.
- Click “I Accept the License Terms” on the next page and move ahead.
- Here are two types of installation: Custom and Upgrade. Select one of them. If you want to delete all the previous files and want to install a fresh copy of Windows, select “Custom” otherwise select “Upgrade” from there.
- Now, select the disk drive where you want to install Windows 7 Enterprise.
- On the next page, you will see the confirmation message to delete the old Windows. If you are upgrading, show your preference here.
- The system starts copying files.
- Now, it shows expanding files and then the installation begins.
- Wait for some time until the installation reaches 100%. During the installation process, it will restart several times. Don’t press any key to interrupt the installation.
- Add the product key here.
- Now, set up a network connection to connect to the internet and your Windows 7 Enterprise is ready to use. (If you want to set up the network connection later, select “Skip” to proceed)
Windows 7 Enterprise Features
The entrepreneurs don’t need to download a third-party tool to access a restricted site now. DirectAccess connects them to a corporate network. They can access any restricted site without using a VPN. Every site is in your access now. It’s an exclusive feature that isn’t a part of any other Windows 7 edition.
BranchCache makes you closer to your head office. You can use it to access any documents or other files from the main office. It works on incredibly lower bandwidth. If you have downloaded a bulky document, its cache will be stored in the branch office. So, any other person who wants to work on the same documents doesn’t need to download the same file again. BranchCache gives him access to the downloaded files instantly.
BitLocker-to-Go keeps your important data safe and secure. All your business data is safe in BitLocker-to-Go. You can use it to password lock a particular disk drive. Only authorized people can access it.
Upgraded Desktop Search is a part of Windows 7 Enterprise. The categorized search has a “SharePoint portal search, Web search, Problem and other options for in-depth and quick search. You need to select a category and type a few relevant letters. It shows you accurate results within no time.
AppLocker keeps your apps away from unauthorized people and malicious software. It has a built-in scanner that scans for viruses and prevents them from functioning.