Windows 10 was released in 12 different editions. The basic features in all of them are the same, but every edition has some particular features. Microsoft realized the needs of people from different fields. That’s why; it released the latest OS for home users, professionals, students, teachers, and businessmen. Windows 10 Education and Windows 10 Pro Education are two particular editions for students and teachers. Windows 10 Education is free for students whereas; Windows 10 Education Pro is a paid version for teachers.
Download Windows 10 Education ISO
Windows 10 Education ISO 32-bit
Windows 10 Education ISO 64-bit
- Check the following system requirements before you start downloading.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit and 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- Minimum 16GB hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for a 64-bit version
- 800×600 or above display
- DirectX 9 or above with WDDM 1.0 driver
Methods to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive (Installation Guide)
I have divided the installation process into two phases. In the first phase, convert the ISO image into an executable file. The second phase deals with the installation process.
Method 1: Windows 10 Create Bootable USB
It’s the easiest method where we will use Microsoft’s tool to create a Windows 10 bootable USB. Follow the steps below in this context.
- Connect a USB flash drive (at least 4GB) with a PC.
- Go to the above section and download Windows 10 Education. (Check whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit version before downloading Windows 10 Education.)
- Now, download Microsoft’s “Windows 10 Installation Media” from Here.
- Once the downloading is over, double-click the downloaded tool to open it.
- Select “Accept” on Terms and Conditions’ page.
- Click “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC” and select “Next.”
- Here, select your desired language, Windows 10 Education, Architecture and click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, select the USB flash drive/DVD option from here. (Refresh the page if you don’t see the USB/DVD option here.)
- Select the “Removable USB flash drive or DVD” and click “Next.”
- That’s all. Your bootable USB flash drive is ready to work.
- Now connect this bootable USB with PC.
- Restart the PC to start the installation.
Method 2: Create a Bootable Disk Via Rufus
Use a third-party tool to create a bootable disk with a few clicks. It’s a simple and free tool known as Rufus. No risks are involved in using it.
- Click Here to download Rufus.
- Now, double-click the downloaded file and select “Install” to start the installation process.
- The installation takes a few minutes. Double-click the tool icon to launch it.
- Go to the above section and download the Windows 10 Education ISO image.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Open Rufus and click the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, click “Browse” to find the Windows 10 Education ISO file.
- Select “Next” once you have selected ISO.
- Click “Start” and “Windows 10 Education ISO” to start the process.
- Rufus will convert the ISO image into an executable file within a couple of minutes.
- That’s it. Your bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC where you want to install Windows 10 Education.
- Restart the PC to start the installation.
Method 3: Create USB via Command Prompt (Detailed Method)
It’s a bit lengthy process. The expert users who have full command on CMD can use it.
Follow the steps below to create a bootable USB via Command Prompt Administrator.
- Download Windows 10 Education ISO from the above section.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open the Start menu, right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator.”
- Now, type “diskpart” to launch the Disk Management Utility tool and press “Enter.”
- Here, type another command “list disk” to view the list of available disks.
- Type the command “select disc #” to select one disk for installation. Here, replace “#” with the disc name where you want to install Windows.
- Now, clean the USB flash drive by typing “clean” to clean your USB drive and press “Enter.”
- Create a bootable partition by typing the command “Create partition primary.”
- Now, type another command “select partition 1” to select a partition.
- Type “Active” to active this partition. (Keep pressing “Enter” key after every command.)
- Here, type “format fs=NTFS quick” to convert your USB drive into a bootable drive.
- Type the command “assign” to assign a letter like X, Y or Z to the USB drive.
- Now exit the tool by typing “exit.”
- Give the next command “PowerShell Mount-DiskImage –ImagePath “C:\path\to\Windows10.iso” here. Add here the right path to Windows 10 Education ISO.
- Type “diskpart” and press Enter to launch diskpart utility.
- Here, type “list volume” to know the drive name for Windows 10 Education ISO file.
- Now give another command “exit” to close the tool.
- Type the drive where you have stored ISO file like type “D:” here.
- Now, type another command “cd boot.”
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give the final command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close CMD Administrator.
- Restart the system and select “Boot from USB” from the booting options.
- The system will start loading files.
- Within a few seconds, you will see a window with some options. Select language, time zone, and some other settings.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, select “I Agree to the License Terms.”
- Now, you will see two options: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you don’t need current apps, documents, and programs. It will install a fresh copy of Windows. If you want to keep your files as they are, select “Upgrade” from here.
- Now choose a drive to install Windows. It should have at least 20GB storage space.
- The system starts loading essential files. Wait for a few minutes until it is over.
- Now choose your computer’s name. Add a network if you prefer. Otherwise, click “Later.”
- That’s all. Enjoy using Windows 10 Education on your PC.
- Note: While installing Windows, your PC restarts several times. Don’t interrupt the process in-between. Wait until it is completed.
Windows 10 Education Features
Windows 10 Education has the same basic features as other editions, but some special apps for students. They don’t need to download third-party educational apps to prepare notes and presentations. They have pre-installed apps in Windows 10 Education to enhance their productivity.
You can adjust the color temperature to use a PC at night for a soft vision. It does not affect your eye-sight.
Windows 10 Education can convert your PC into a classroom PC by using a few clicks. It’s particularly useful when you are going to present something in the class.
You can lock your Windows 10 devices from a remote place by using Dynamic Lock.
You can access the desktop remotely by using a remote desktop. Now, you can access anything from home computers while attending class.
The Game mode brings incredibly fast and lag-free gaming experience.
Mobile Device Management ensures access and manages Android phones by using a PC. You can send and receive SMS on PC instead of an Android phone. You can manage the phone gallery from the PC.
BitLocker and App Locker bring complete security of your data from unauthorized access. It allows you to keep away the full drive from your classmates. App locker allows you to lock your desired educational apps and notes.
Multiple Virtual Desktops feature allows you to work in an organized way on various apps and programs.
Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education is very easy. (If you are using Pro or Enterprise, you can’t upgrade to Education.)
Categorized search is even more instant and safer. Students can search for the relevant material quickly by entering a few letters in the search bar. No hackers can access your data and personal information.
Microsoft brings additional security to make the students’ downloading securer.
Cloud storage ensures to store data online. It’s particularly useful for students and teachers. They can store data online to access it from anywhere anytime.
Office Student edition, the built-in feature of Win 10 Education covers all your needs from preparing a presentation to edit the documents.